April 9, 2008 at 1:40 pm | Posted in TV | 17 Comments
Observations on Dancing With The Stars:
- I think Priscilla Presley is a little creepy looking in that outfit, kinda like an I Dream of Genie episode gone very wrong. I especially thought she had lost it when she said that she liked to throw her feet off the floor – REALLY?
- I really want Derek and Shannon to kiss, they are so cute and embarrassed.
- How mean is it for them to actually judge those kids? Talk about heartbreaking.
- Does anyone else think it is a little weird when the kids dance? They look like pageant kids on display. They are eight years old! And I don’t like it that he is stradling her on National TV. Very strange.
- Poor Julianne being stuck with that weirdo, he is annoying and the only reason that they are still in the competition is because everyone doesn’t want Julianne to go home. Really? A unicycle is the best you could do?
- Yeah, that is about right that they sent him home.
- Has anyone else noticed that Cheryl does the exact same celebratory move every time her and her partner are told they are moving on? Fists go over her head, arms straight, with a brisk twirl to bury her head in her partner’s neck. Really, I love you girl, but can you be that elated every single time your name is announced?
- How much spray tan can Karina wear? It kinda hurts my eyes to look at her tonight.
- The Paso Doble is my favorite dance, but I feel this year’s competition didn’t do it justice.
This is what a Paso Doble should look like:
In honor of Julianne, we know you got it. I so miss these two together, so cute!
Sidenote: This dance officially elevated my love for Apolo. An athlete and a dancer. Um yeah. That’s Hot.
Who is your favorite and who do you think is going to win it all?
April 5, 2008 at 11:11 am | Posted in In the News, Issues, TV | 23 Comments
Tags: Add new tag, Dogs, Links, TV
I may be an aunt. My friend may be adopting a cutie patootie little guy who was resucued from a high-kill shelter. The details are still being worked out, but here he is:
She has some excellent names already picked out. Everyone send my friend good positive thoughts so that all will work out soon. He needs a good home and he has many sisters according to his profile.
Which brings me to the subject at hand.
Did anyone else watch Oprah yesterday? I didn’t and I will tell you why. Those images from the previews alone are already haunting me and I am physically and psychologically unable to view the things that go on in puppy mills. Dana wrote an excellent review of the episode. Go read it here. Then go and read the account of Lisa Ling’s investigation on Oprah here. Everyone of you should go now and read the statistics and the information on the puppy mills. It is absolutely appalling. There is absolutely no reason for someone to support a breeder’s business when there are hundreds of thousands of animals being put down in shelters all across the country because they are not able to place them in good homes.
It is reprehensible to know that the value of a life is so poor in our country. I have heard all of the excuses and I rarely agree with the reasons why people do not just adopt an animal who needs a home.
Another blogger friend of mine led me to a great post about animal testing and the companies that use dogs and other animals to learn the the effects of their chemicals. She learned that the companies clip open the eyes of the dogs and restrain their paws to keep them from fighting and moving. It is horrendous. Go see her complete list of companies that do animal testing here.
If you feel strongly enough about it, write the companies and refuse to buy their products. I am already revamping some of my products in my house. Just another reason to buy all Method products who NEVER test on any animals!
And because dogs rule so much here are my babies. I couldn’t do a complete dog post without showing off my children!
I hope you all are having a great weekend. Now go read the links. Go. Really Go. I can tell if you click on the links or not and I will be highly disapointted with you all as human beings if you choose not to educate yourselves on the treatment of animals.
Can you tell I am a tad sensitive about this subject?
Ed. Note: Since WordPress has decided to re-vamp their entire dashboard, I am unable at this time to find the spell checking tool, so bear with me as I am unedited!