Tags: Entertainment, Music, Tim McGraw
. . . and don’t mess with it.
As if we needed another reason to think that Tim McGraw is the absolute man, he is now in the bouncer business.
Not only is Tim a huge Country music star, married to a huge Country star, and a model father and businessman, we can now add bouncer, protector of women, and all around peace-keeper to his resume.
According to People.com, Tim kept a very drunk and out of control fan from hurting other people during his concert when he saw a man rush the stage and get into a physical altercation with a woman. When security couldn’t respond fast enough he pulled the guy onstage and proceeded to eject him from his show. At one point it looked like it was really going to get physical between the two when Tim cocked his fist.
And the best part is, there is a video.
And the moral of the story is we, down here in the South, have real men.
That, my friends, is a Nashville man.
Tags: Gabe Dixon, Music
Good Music Alert.
I have it on the best authority that my favorite local act has scored the season finale song on one of my favorite shows.
Tomorrow night The Gabe Dixon Band song Disappear will be featured on One Tree Hill.
Amazing song. It will be available for download tomorrow on itunes. Do it. It will be the best .99 cents you will ever spend. Wanna spend just a little more? I highly recommend the Live at the World Cafe album.
Here is a taste of the song featured tomorrow.
There’s no time for a warning
We’ve got to make our move
We can’t wait until morning
We’ll use the light of the moon
We’ve got love on our side
We’re one step ahead
There’s no time for lies
There’s no time for regret
Holding on to love,
we can’t give in ’cause
Right or wrong,
We’ll hear the angels’ song and lose our fear
And we’ll disappear
Yeah we’ll disappear
I’ll kiss your lips when you’re dreaming
I’ll keep watch when you sleep
And I won’t stop believing
When time makes me weak
Two of my favorite things, in one? Fantastic. If you have not heard Gabe’s music do yourself a favor and watch him! He is an amazing singer, songwriter, and composer. He will be famous. It is just a matter of time.
This is Gabe performing Five More Hours at a show in Nashville last year. This the top played song on my ipod, that is how much I love him. I call it “Gabe-therapy.” For those of you who watch this and think, “Wow, I wish those people would shut up screaming so I can hear him,” all I can say is I am sorry. It is hard to compose yourself during a Gabe Show. This was also the night that I had to practically lay myself across a table for fifteen people for almost two hours to save my crew their seats. All turned out well though and we kept our stage-side table!
Tags: Fun, Lyrics, Music
UPDATE: You guys rock! I am so glad you all share in my music mania. Thanks everybody for playing! I will do another installment very soon since it was so much fun!
~Picture me dancing to my bonus song~
Going on the brilliance of Michelle and in anticipation of a great weekend, I wanted to have my own version of “Don’t forget the lyrics” with some of my favorite songs.
So, have a go at it! No cheating ( i.e. Google, lyric searches) and give me the missing lyrics, the artist, and the title of the song in the comment section.
Play, it will be fun! For all of you
lurking just reading this is your time to jump in and let me know who you are!
For now, just answer one song and then if we get stuck we will open them back up tomorrow!
1. You can draw the Queen of Diamonds boy, she’ll beat you if she’s able. You know the Queen of Hearts is always your best bet. The Eagles. Desparado. Guess by Underpaid Princess
2. Don’t wish, don’t start. Wishing only wounds the heart. I wasn’t born for the rose and the pearls. He could be that boy, but I’m not that girl. I’m Not That Girl from the Broadway Musical Wicked. Guessed by Jenamie.
3. I need to go shopping, these shoes are all wrong. Just look in my closet not a thing to put on. I wonder how these jeans make me look from behind? Things That Never Cross a Man’s Mind by Kellie Pickler. Guessed by Tara.
4. Then the fire fades away, but most of everday is full of tired excuses, but its too hard to say. I wish it was simple, but we give up easily, your close enough to see. Other Side of the World by KT Tunstall. Guessed by Krisitn.
5. I was so lost back then, but with a little help from my friends, I found a light in a tunnel at the end. Now your calling me up on the phone so you can have a little whine and a moan. And it’s only because your feeling alone. Smile by Lily Allen. Guessed by Sandy Mc.
6. Remember when we were such fools and so convinced and just too cool. I wish I could touch you again. I wish I could still call you a friend. Who Knew? by Pink. Guessed by Jess.
7. Gonna quit my job and move to New York. Somebody told me that’s where dreamers should go. Gonna quit my job and move to New York, tattoo my body with every Broadway show. Vegas by Sara Bareilles. Guessed by Meg.
8. Some girls are all about it. Some girls they love to let it fly. Some girls can’t live without it. Some girls are born to make you cry. Girls of Summer by Aerosmith. Guessed by Sandy Mc.
* Hint – It is by Aerosmith*
9. What ya got if you ain’t got love? The kind that you just want to give away, its OK if you open up go ahead and let the light shine thru. I know its hard on a rainy day, you wanna shut the world out and just be left alone. So Small by Carrie Underwood. Guessed by Dana of Just Talk.
10. I could write my name by the age of three, and I don’t need anyone to cut my meat for me. I’m a big girl now, see my big girl shoes. It will take more than just a breeze to make me fall over. Overboard by Ingrid Michaelson. Guessed by Bri.
11. How can you connect in an age where strangers, landlords, lovers, your own blood cells betray? What binds the fabric together when raging, shifting, winds of change keep ripping away! Rent from the Broadway Musical RENT. Guessed by Megan.
12. I believe in fairy tales and dreamer’s dreams like bed sheet sails and I believe in Peter Pan and miracles and anything I can to get by. Fireflies by Faith Hill. Guessed by Chickbug.
And the bonus question:
**** You know me, or you think you do, you just don’t seem to see. I’ve been waiting all this time to be something be something I can’t define.
So let’s cause a scene, clap our hands and stomp our feet or something. Yeah something. I just gotta get myself over me. You know me or you think you do, you just don’t seem to see. I’ve been waiting all this time to be something be something I can’t define. The First Single by The Format. Guessed by E.P. of Stylish Handwriting.
Tags: Music, Six Degrees of Seperation
Sometimes it is a small world after all. The song is true. The whole concept of the Six Degrees of Separation is very intriguing to me. That is the philosophy that we are all connected in someway through six “links” of people. This theory states that if I wanted to meet the Queen of England there is a person who knows a person who knows a person who knows a person up to six people who can personally introduce me to the Queen of England. I thought the world was too big for something like that. But then I watched this Dateline NBC episode where they choose six random Martina McBride fans and challenged them to get to her for a personal introduction in six people or less.
And all of them did it! It was crazy!
I had my own slight six degrees of separation/it is a very small world moment yesterday.
Hubby and I were sitting in church waiting for the service to start when I looked down toward the front and saw a guy who resembled Jimmy Fortune of The Statler Brothers. I knew it was him immediately. My dad only gets excited for two things. 1) Auburn Football and 2) The Statler Brothers. If you don’t know who the Statler Brothers are you did not have Country Music Television in the 1980’s. They were the most popular all-men ensemble of their time and we watched their videos and listened to their music all the time.
I immediately texted my dad who was at another church across town to tell him. He was excited and it took all of my self-control not to bug him for an autograph after the service. But, I didn’t even though my dad would have loved it!
Anyway, later that night I decided to youtube some of the Statler Brothers videos to show Hubby who they were and why my dad loved them so much. The video that I remember the most vividly is the one where one of the guys gets married and all of the bridesmaids are the girlfriends of the other guys. Cute huh? I can remember what the girls wore, who was with which guy, and vaguely what they look like.
I start to watch the video OH MY GOOOOOODDD!
I recognized one of the actresses in the video! I know her personally. In college I used to be her nanny for her two little girls for years and now we go to the same church and I see her all the time.
AND SHE NEVER MENTIONED IT! Now thinking on it though, why would she?
She sang back-up for a major rock star on his world tour, won countless beauty pageants, was a cheerleader for a Super Bowl winning team for years, and was featured in the Sports Illustrated swim suit edition in her day. So why would she not mention The Statler Brothers?
It is now all in perspective. But still, it was the craziest thing, that I, as a little girl watched her in a video over and over again and years later would meet her and never know until this weekend.
I realize this is a tad bit strange, but just let me have my moment of “wow!” I realize it may not sound like a big deal, but this is a pivotal moment from my childhood which has come full circle. That is so amazing to me!
It is such a small world.
Here is the video: she is the bridesmaid who gets out of the car and is “with” the guy with the beard. If nothing else the 80’s fashions are hilarious!
Tags: Favorites, Lists, Music
Are you ready?
Here we go March.
Five More Hours – Gabe Dixon Band
Defying Gravity – Wicked Soundtrack
No Good Deed – Wicked Soundtrack
I’m Not That Girl – Wicked Soundtrack
September 22 – Nathan Angelo
World Spins Madly On – The Weepies
Until You- Dave Barnes
For Good – Wicked Soundtrack
All I Need – Matt Kearney
Out Tonight –Rent Soundtrack
Over the Rhine – Be My Love
Scratch – Kendall Payne
Gravity – Sara Bareilles
The Way I Am – Ingrid Michaelson
Rent – Rent Soundtrack
Into the Colors – Ben Harper
Light My Candle – Rent Soundtrack
Fools Gold – Katie Herzig
Without You – Rent Soundtrack
All We Are – Matt Nathanson
Come to Jesus – Mindy Smith
- Breakable – Ingrid Michaelson
Season of Love – Rent Soundtrack
Eyes – Rogue Wave
Fireflies – Faith Hill
Wow! What a pattern! I Heart Musicals!