Tags: Fun, Lyrics, Music
UPDATE: You guys rock! I am so glad you all share in my music mania. Thanks everybody for playing! I will do another installment very soon since it was so much fun!
~Picture me dancing to my bonus song~
Going on the brilliance of Michelle and in anticipation of a great weekend, I wanted to have my own version of “Don’t forget the lyrics” with some of my favorite songs.
So, have a go at it! No cheating ( i.e. Google, lyric searches) and give me the missing lyrics, the artist, and the title of the song in the comment section.
Play, it will be fun! For all of you
lurking just reading this is your time to jump in and let me know who you are!
For now, just answer one song and then if we get stuck we will open them back up tomorrow!
1. You can draw the Queen of Diamonds boy, she’ll beat you if she’s able. You know the Queen of Hearts is always your best bet. The Eagles. Desparado. Guess by Underpaid Princess
2. Don’t wish, don’t start. Wishing only wounds the heart. I wasn’t born for the rose and the pearls. He could be that boy, but I’m not that girl. I’m Not That Girl from the Broadway Musical Wicked. Guessed by Jenamie.
3. I need to go shopping, these shoes are all wrong. Just look in my closet not a thing to put on. I wonder how these jeans make me look from behind? Things That Never Cross a Man’s Mind by Kellie Pickler. Guessed by Tara.
4. Then the fire fades away, but most of everday is full of tired excuses, but its too hard to say. I wish it was simple, but we give up easily, your close enough to see. Other Side of the World by KT Tunstall. Guessed by Krisitn.
5. I was so lost back then, but with a little help from my friends, I found a light in a tunnel at the end. Now your calling me up on the phone so you can have a little whine and a moan. And it’s only because your feeling alone. Smile by Lily Allen. Guessed by Sandy Mc.
6. Remember when we were such fools and so convinced and just too cool. I wish I could touch you again. I wish I could still call you a friend. Who Knew? by Pink. Guessed by Jess.
7. Gonna quit my job and move to New York. Somebody told me that’s where dreamers should go. Gonna quit my job and move to New York, tattoo my body with every Broadway show. Vegas by Sara Bareilles. Guessed by Meg.
8. Some girls are all about it. Some girls they love to let it fly. Some girls can’t live without it. Some girls are born to make you cry. Girls of Summer by Aerosmith. Guessed by Sandy Mc.
* Hint – It is by Aerosmith*
9. What ya got if you ain’t got love? The kind that you just want to give away, its OK if you open up go ahead and let the light shine thru. I know its hard on a rainy day, you wanna shut the world out and just be left alone. So Small by Carrie Underwood. Guessed by Dana of Just Talk.
10. I could write my name by the age of three, and I don’t need anyone to cut my meat for me. I’m a big girl now, see my big girl shoes. It will take more than just a breeze to make me fall over. Overboard by Ingrid Michaelson. Guessed by Bri.
11. How can you connect in an age where strangers, landlords, lovers, your own blood cells betray? What binds the fabric together when raging, shifting, winds of change keep ripping away! Rent from the Broadway Musical RENT. Guessed by Megan.
12. I believe in fairy tales and dreamer’s dreams like bed sheet sails and I believe in Peter Pan and miracles and anything I can to get by. Fireflies by Faith Hill. Guessed by Chickbug.
And the bonus question:
**** You know me, or you think you do, you just don’t seem to see. I’ve been waiting all this time to be something be something I can’t define.
So let’s cause a scene, clap our hands and stomp our feet or something. Yeah something. I just gotta get myself over me. You know me or you think you do, you just don’t seem to see. I’ve been waiting all this time to be something be something I can’t define. The First Single by The Format. Guessed by E.P. of Stylish Handwriting.