So I am a whole week late on my last weekend’s post. No judgement. I work over 60 hours a week. I can only do so much!
Now, moving on. Last weekend was so good that I am still recovering this weekend. How am I recovering? I was home and in bed by 7:30 tonight. Mission accomplished!
So last Friday night we celebrated one of my favorites’ birthday. We started out with dinner at one of her favorite places and then we headed out for some more fun times and went dancing.
The Birthday Girl and her Hubby, Matt.
The crew doing what we do best.
Amy and BMan.
Colleen, Liz, and Hilary
Hubby had to retire early so these guys were my bodyguards. They rock.
Matt yelling at the DJ who was doing a terrible job.
D, Amy, Melissa, and I. Sorry for the weird look on my face. It was past my bedtime and I was waiting for the caffeine to kick in!
The very next day we had our very own 20sb Nashville mini-meetup! Our girl EP just happened to be in town, and since we already consider her a Nashvillian, we were so honored to have her join us! Can I just say, Bloggers, yes with a capital “B”, are the best. We sat, we ate, we chatted, it was fun times. In attendance were Courtney, Katie, EP, Hilary, Liz, and myself. We made friends fast. That is all I will disclose from the conversation. It lasted for HOURS. I hated to leave. Love you all ladies! I do find it funny that when “bloggers” get together we don’t talk about blogging. Well, yes, it comes up, but for the most part we just talk about our lives. So awesome. I love that its not “shop talk.”
After I totally lost track of the time with the awesomeness of the conversation, I raced home to meet Hubby and pick up some great friends, Mr. and Mrs. Peanut, who were joining us to go see a friend play a show. Andrew did a great job and we ate and laughed and hung with Amy and BMan for most of the night.
We returned home that night exhausted and ready for a great day at church the next day. Last week we had a guest speaker, Stephen Mansfield. He authored “The Faith of Barack Obama” and “The Faith of George W. Bush” and he challenged us greatly during his time with us. I am so excited to read his books next. We opted out of a Super Bowl party that day. We were so exhausted we went home and spent time with my adorable nephew and family to watch the game.
And that is it. And then Monday came with a ton of new opportunities. I hope to tell you all about that very soon! Stay tuned peeps!
Just a few things:
- Tonight I am just sitting here in my pjs (yes, already), having eaten some yummy Chinese take-out (shhh, Hubby is not here tonight and it wasn’t in the budget), and planning my coming week and wow, I am already in slight panic mode about the fact that Christmas is coming so soon! I just agreed to do some alot of extra things these next few weeks and right now I am feeling well, overwhelmed. And I hate that. -Insert annoying childish whine.
- On Saturday I am having a group of ladies over for an annual gift exchange/Christmas Party and every single box of Christmas decorations is still in storage. Yeah, not good.
- I am super stoked that the partner results came back for the scarf swap. I am, however, very intimidated that I was paired to swap scarves with THE Talia who has orchestrated and organized this entire shindig. This basically cements the fact that everyone and their grandma is going to tune into her blog to see what awesome scarf she gets in recognition of orchestrating this entire awesome event. I am a knitting failure so I will be scouring every store here in Nashville to find the cutest and most original scarf available so as not to be a total failure in the scarf swap department. I don’t want to be “that girl who totally got Talia a lame scarf when she put so much time and effort into the swap.” No pressure though. Eeek.
- AND finally I need help. Serious help. I need to choose a picture of Hubby and I for a little project that will be revealed ohh, soon-wait for it! So you guys get to help me out! Which picture should I use? Yes, most of you know what I am talking about and it is for THAT!
*Choosing from this bunch makes me seriously aware of why we need to book a photoshoot for an updated picture-STAT.
**Sorry some of these are too huge and such. I am not a photoshop girl. I wish I was. Really.
So, help me out people!
We, correction, Hubby, is in the midst of Thanksgiving preperation at our house. Every year he takes our decor pumpkins and turns them into homemade pies. It is hard for me to watch my cute little pumpkins die, I am not going to lie.
As for me, my entire contribution for the night focused on unpacking these beautiful pieces of art. My aunt Cora sent me these this past weekend. During our little visit, we discovered that I had not received anything from my beloved Memow when she died a few years ago. Living so far away just did not make it conducive to getting things from her home when they were packing and distributing. So, she sent me something tangible to remember her by. And they are already so precious to me. We are going to eat a pre-Thanksgiving family dinner on them tomorrow night. And if anyone breaks even one, I cannot be held responsible for turning into a complete Monica.
I know Bijou girl will appreciate the Swallows. I find them so interesting since my graddaddy used to be in the Navy and he lives to sit and watch the Martins in his backyard. He builds special houses for them each year. That is a whole story in and of itself. I wonder if he gave them to my Memow? He always did hold a special place in her heart, he was a great son-in-law to her.
I think they are so beautiful. It is a story from my family.
ANDDD for those of you who are telling me you have no idea what I mean when I say “pull a Monica.” Well, here ya go!
Tags: Fall, Family, Photos
Last week (yes, I said last week, I know I am behind-no judgement) was one of the best weeks. I had a few days off from the grind and that just happened to coincide with my Aunt Cora being in town! I am convinced that she and I are in many ways the same person. It is kind of like being a twin, but not. It is kind of scary. We spent one whole day just loving on my new nephew, talking, laughing, crying, and laughing more. It was fantastic. It is like we are in many ways living parallel lives. We married basically the same man, have the same dreams, feel the same on issues, religion, family. It is in many ways like talking to a mirror.
The next day we headed out for sushi, nature, photography, and shopping. Perfection. Thanks Aunt Cora. I LOVE YOU!
One of my favorite places in Nashville.
Pausing for a pic on a beautiful Fall drive.
The big boy loves to sleep!
Tags: Baby Nephew, Family, pics
My new little baby nephew was born on Wednesday. I can’t even begin to tell you how perfect and beautiful he is. I think he has to be the most wonderful thing ever. When I held him for the first time all I could think was something this perfect could have only come from Heaven. Being an aunt is already the coolest thing ever. We love him so much already and can’t wait to see what life has in store for him! Thank you all for all the prayers and the thoughts!
Tags: Birthday, Family
Happy Birthday to literally the best Mom in the world!
I love you so much and am so thankful everyday that I was allowed to be your daughter.
You are an the glue that holds us together, the wheels that keep us moving, and the base on which we stand. Without you we would all be lost.
Love you so much,
Tipp, Favorite Son-In-Law (who might as well be your natural born), Lily and Ellie
Tags: Gabe, Home, Lily, Pets
Meet Gabe. I have had him three weeks now. I have not killed him yet. Fingers crossed.
I have been late to work three times now because of these guys. Do you know how long it takes for a turkey family to cross the road? I do. And it is no joke.
When we want to eat in peace cook-out, we are forced to gate out the kids.
Lily had a rough day at the Vet.
And she didn’t want to talk about it.
As promised, here are some pics from my Birthday celebration last Friday!
Just a few highlights:
- We pre-partied at Rosy’s house and almost burnt down her patio table
- We ate at BB Kings’ Blues Club, one of my favorite places in Nashville.
- I forgot my flats/dancing shoes in the car and asked Hubby to go to the car to retrieve them and he came back with a pair of black Crocs. He made a second trip to the car.
- After dinner and fun at BB Kings, we headed to WannaBe’s Karaoke. Cause let’s face it, we are Music City and there are many WannaBe’s in this town
- There was much singing and good times to be had by all. The guys made us the proudest with their rendition of Humpty Hump. Yes, there was choreography and a video. I may post it if they won’t kill me.
- Rosy and I were brave girls and conquered a wild animal. I have an injury to prove it. Yes, there is a video of that too, though I can pretty much garauntee you will never see it. Right Rosy?!
- Jen and Charlotte doing the “running man”
- Adam crowd surfing
- Fun times with great friends!
Fun at Rosy’s
It is tradition on my Birthday to wear and share the Birthday tiara so Matt took a turn.
Then Liz was the queen
And Hillary too!
Erin: “Yes, do it!”
Adam, Charlotte, Scott and Erin at BB Kings.
The best party planning committee ever!
Thanks everyone for a great night!
To those of you who are/were out of town and out of commission – we missed you!
So, have I convinced any of you to come hang out with my awesome friends here in Nashville yet?
We’re a fun crowd!
I wish we could stay here all day!
Tags: Father's Day, Old Photos
I may be too big to ride on your shoulders
But I still look up to you everyday
And I will always be your baby.
Love you so much!