. . . make up my own words (if you know me in real life, this is not a shock to you)
. . . have a really high pitched voice as I rant and scold inanimate objects
. . . talk to the invisible dog children
. . . will receive a “talk” from my Mom due to a few choice words
. . . almost abandon youtube
or my favorite. The One where I should learn to edit these videos!
If any of these titles peaks your intrest then watch the next and possibly last Vlog. We’ll see!
Tags: Entertainment, Movies
Last night our good friends, Mr. and Mrs. Peanut asked us to go to see this new movie Fireproof.
It was so great! I laughed, I cried, Hubby did too even though he won’t admit it! (Yeah, it would be better if you didn’t tell him I said that!) It reminded me so much of The Notebook in the storyline, but it follows a couple after all of the romance and the newness of a relationship have worn off. It is the story of a man trying to save his marriage. He works day by day to win back the heart of the woman he chose to spend the rest of his life with. It was an amazing story. Go, go to the theaters now!
Did I mention Kirk Cameron? Yeah, really, go!
Tags: Entertainment, Pandora
I have a friend, who shall remain nameless, ahem-Mrs. Lilac, ask me about Pandora the other day. I thought everyone knew about this amazing music-lovers dream come true, but the more I talked to people it seems I was wrong about that fact along with many other things which I don’t find necessary to bring up at this moment.
Besides there are way too many. Moving on.
To sum it up it is an online website where you can type in the name of a song or an artist you like and it will create a “radio station” just for you which will play music that fits the same genre and mood.
To my extreme delight I found the Itouch application for Pandora. Fan-tastic. Itouch users get it now, it alone is worth the software upgrade to install applications. Just do it. You will not regret it-at all.
But, in my total tweeting mania the other day, where Ashley and I got into a Name That Tune sort of game, I realized that I was a little embarrassed to admit some of my stations on Pandora. So here we go, it is confession time. Here are my most embarrassing ones:
1. Nice and Slow Radio. I don’t need to give an explanation.
2. Spice Girls Radio. Hey I am a child of the 90’s what do you expect?
3. Love Shack Radio. Who doesn’t love the B-52s?
4. DooWoop Radio. Ahh. Oldies.
Now. Don’t leave me hanging. I know you have some you are quite ashamed to admit. Go.
Thanks to Alexa, who sent me down memory lane, I found this old gem. This was my all-time favorite show as a kid. And if you say you are too young to remember this we will no longer be friends.
I am quite positive that the only reason I learned to rhyme was due to Muffy. Looking back though it is quite sad to see a grown woman spend most of her time with a make-believe plastic man, a mouse, and a couple of puppets, but it was my favorite and Jodie was my hero!
Tags: Kate Spade
One pair of most cherished Kate Spade eyeglasses.
Last seen during a fit of rage over the Chinese women’s scoring debacle in Women’s Gymnastics.
Please return them to their home. They are very much missed. Owner heartbroken (and blind).
If bringing them directly to residence do not beware of dogs. They are loud but harmless.
Tags: Birthdays, Photos
Hello Darlin(s), it’s nice to see ya. It’s been a long time. Your just as lovely, as you used to be. . .
I am singing. Don’t tell me you don’t know Conway Twitty? For shame! Be still my Nashville-lovin’ heart! Expose yourself people! No, I mean to different music. Oh gosh, not looking forward to the google hits I’ll get off that one!
So, I have missed you guys! Yes, I am fine. Yes, the hand is fine. Still sore. Looks like I wacked a nerve pretty good, but all is well. So, what happened? Well, let’s just say that if you are flinging, yes, flinging boxes under a curtain make sure you are fully aware where the support stud is and avoid it at all cost. Me, I had never heard that piece of advice so I wanted to enlighten you all so that you will not be in the same predicament as me! Thanks for all the get-well soon comments, messages, emails, and tweets. And a huge muchas gracias to my awesome friends and guest-bloggers. You guys rock!
So much has happened I don’t even know where to begin.
I thought I would tell you about how in the midst of not being able to have full function of my hand last week I:
- almost killed a certain mortgage broker who continues to want to get paid for doing no work whatsoever. No, I wouldn’t have really killed him. Torture? Still considering it if he doesn’t shape up! His secretary is in for it too if she doesn’t return my emails ASAP. I realize I am now the customer who will not let them rest, but they did it to me with their lack of communication and their desire to take boatloads of our cash with no real customer service or work ethic.
- went to see The Dark Knight with Hubby, Rosy and B-Man and successfully cemented my admiration and undying love for Christian Bale. If Heath doesn’t win an Oscar there will be a public mutiny.
- (almost) successfully helped throw a surprise superhero themed party for Rosy. We kept the secret from her up until the moment that she was brought to the party place and she saw Mae’s car. I find this even more comical and ironic because Mae in her ultimate desire to plan the perfect party specifically covered incognito parking with all the guests, and it was her car that gave it away.
- almost cried in church, no not due to injury, but due to this song. Have loved it for a long time, but the girl who sang it was so good.
- was so excited to learn that my friend Hilary has started a blog! Go welcome her to the blogosphere! She is and will be a great read!
- had this conversation with Hubby in preparation for Rosy’s party, which is indeed worthy of note:
Me: ”I can’t wear heels all night, I am going to take a pair of flats to change into for later.”
Hubby: (attempting to be witty in referencing my birthday) “Are you going to wear your Crocs?”
Me: ”Have you not yet learned in five plus years of marriage and two years of dating that that would not be an acceptable choice?”
Hubby: (being dead serious) “What does it matter, shoes are shoes.”
I know he did not just say that. All I could do was stare at him with my mouth wide-open in hopes that I would detect any slight sign of sarcasm or misplaced humor. But there was none. I am honestly shocked and stunned at what he just said. I am sure at that moment that comment could have keeled over every single Carrie Bradshaw wanna-be and as well as every single woman alive. And the most disturbing part was he.meant.it.
Where did I go wrong people, where? I have failed as a woman, as a shoe-lover, and as wife. There is no hope if he truly believes that.
I will leave you with a few pics of Rosy’s party. I was way to busy eating cake socializing to continually snap pics, but we have a few!
Today was my day home/work from home/do school work day. Around noon I realized that I was done with all I needed to do and decided to take a break. Twenty minutes later I was in my PJs, laptop in hand, surfing Hulu and looking for something to occupy my time.
A while back, someone had told me to check out Ghost Hunters, so today I did.
Oh My Gosh. Instant Addiction.
A little background on me. I love all things spooky, haunted, and paranormal. I find it so very fascinating. So much so that in every town I frequent on vacation I must find a ghost or legend tour to do. So far, I have done one in New Orleans, Savannah, Key West, and even one near here in Franklin, TN. Hubby expects this as part of each vacation itinerary and is very supportive of my fascination.
I think the love of all things haunted began early back during my Babysitters Club fascination. Dawn was my favorite and she had a secret passage circa Civil War/Underground Railroad era in her bedroom which had its own ghost. Ever since then I have wanted a creepy experience of my own. Wow, I just dated myself with the BSC reference. On another, more random note, I was not allowed to keep and read that particular book after my Mom realized they were performing seances in the book to reach the ghost. She promptly took that one from my collection.
So, back to ahem, a few years later, there I was all cuddled up in bed and becoming addicted to Ghost Hunters. This is a show about a team of ordinary plumbers by day and ghost hunters by night. And it is fascinating. They have the best and most advanced equipment to sense and detect any kind of paranormal activity.
I love the history of each place they visit the most. Old Civil War prisons, Revolutionary War homesteads, old vaudeville theaters, it doesn’t get any better than that.
Have you all heard of this? Probably so, the no-cable lady is way behind!
Because I wanna be just like Jess! I wanted to be a bee too! SO cute!
Strawberry Fields Forever.
Tags: The Office
I wanted to give everyone a chance to catch up on the show before I posted my observations from what I am calling “The Bounce-back Finale of the Season”. For all of you who are with me in reluctantly admitting that The Office has not been true to itself the past few weeks, we were totally rewarded with our patience last night! It was back and it was excellent.
- I loved the opener. Classic Jim and Dwight. I don’t believe we have seen such wonderful magic since Season 2. A bouncing exercise ball and a pair of scissors comes to mind.
- Pam following through on something for her. For once. I am glad she is going to NY. Her determination to pursue her goals even at the prospect of a seperation has been a long time coming.
- Jim bucking up and not being such a pansy. I was starting to doubt my admiration for all things Jim. A backbone is a must if you ask me! It was high time he stood up for himself and called Ryan “the twerp not the temp” out. I was personally hoping for an office storming in New York, but hey at least he did it.
- Jim and Pam continuing to being happy. I was nervous going in. I was so afraid some crazy plot would open up leaving us to wonder about the state of their relationship for many, many, more months. Honestly, I am not sure my heart could take that. A big shout-out to the writers for not screwing it up!
- Jim’s discussion with Michael recalling how every important event in the PB&J relationship somehow revolved around those dysfunctional walls really was touching. Lesson: No matter how bad the environment, it is what you make it. Way to throw in a life-lesson BJ!
- I loved that they sent Ryan out in style. I have been wanting to reach through the TV screen and slap him silly for weeks now. I thought the charge was going to be drug possession after the trip to NY, but no, they took it one step further and made his demise come from his own stupidity. It is called Karma and it will get you. My prediction: Jim will take his job and he and Pam will go to NY together. Just a thought.
- The bit about Creed still not being able to justify or explain his job was P-R-I-C-E-less! Or should I say Q-U-A-L-I-T-Y.
- Holly doing Yoda. Found his soul mate, I think Micheal may have. Herh. Herh. Herh.
- Phyllis doing it up right and in yo’ face Angela! Go and watch the deleted scene of Phyllis not handling the pressure so well here!
- Angela Kinsey for looking so fantastic as she is very pregnant. Props to the camera and editing crews for doing such a fabulous job keeping her incognito. Her acceptance of the six year old ring was exactly what I would have expected. Hubby was hoping for a Dwight/Angela love-child. After the images from the last moments of the show, anything is possible! Scary, but possible.
- I can not even begin to tell you how much I do not think the story line with Kevin was funny. It hurt my heart to watch, I am not going to lie. Not joking material guys, no, it is not. But, as Hubby pointed out, there is not a subject that they have not touched that doesn’t bring uncomfortable issues to light. And that is The Office, take it or leave it.
- After all of these years of wondering why Michael hated Toby and many, many, hints at us finding out the real reason behind their feud they just left it there. Like the “present” on Michael’s carpet. It is just there. No answers and it stinks.
- I always want more Stanley. There was not enough Stanley. Or Oscar for that matter. What up with that?
- Jan being pregnant via IV? Please tell me this is going somewhere. I see no hope in this story line. I thought it was going to at least be Michael’s and we could watch him wrestle with fatherhood. Maybe we still will. I haven’t missed Jan. Obviously.
Overall I was so glad to see the crew back and in full swing. It has been a long long time since we saw them in their true colors and it was about time. Positive outcome of the writer’s strike? Webisodes in July!
So all of you Office bobblehead wannabes. Thoughts?
Tags: The Office
I have so much I want to say and so little time to do it in.
First of all, when I left this morning my google reader was at zero, nada, zilch. I come home and it is at 70 something. Such good dedicated bloggers you all are! Hang in there as I catch up on your lives. I love you all!
Second, shout-out to my dad who gave in and commented on a post. He had to go and rat me out about my death jump from the roof of our house to the trampoline when I was 11. Hey, it was fun. I was such a tomboy and all the boys in the neighborhood were doing it and I was not about to be labeled a baby. I held my own. Needless to say Bro and I got busted and major trouble ensued. That was a great lesson in resisting negative peer pressure. But, it was still fun!
Third, to clarify on the last post and the baby delivery. Yes, I recently met a woman who years ago when nine moths pregnant with her first child woke up and thought, “hmm, that is a different feeling.” She decided to try to go back to sleep. Two hours later she thinks, “maybe I should go to the hosptial.” Too late, she has the baby on the side of the interstate. She was quoted in a newspaper article as saying. “I just wasn’t really sure what was happening.” Really, really? Not sure? How is that possible? Like I said, go to the hospital at first twinge. Seriously, ever since I read Ms. Lilac’s story about her friend Tara who had her baby during an IM session I am just astounded at the crazy birthing stories lately! These women are amazing!
Fourth, I love to find new blogs! I recently found, thanks to Heidi at Life in Pink, a great site A Girl’s Guide to Blogging. You can go on and create a profile and participate in blog carnivals and meet new bloggers. Female bloggers only, sorry Ben! What a great way to find new bloggy friends!
Fifth, I am so ready for The Office finale tonight! Can I just say, they better not mess with Jim and Pam’s relationship. If that happens I will have to write a letter!