Tags: The Office
I wanted to give everyone a chance to catch up on the show before I posted my observations from what I am calling “The Bounce-back Finale of the Season”. For all of you who are with me in reluctantly admitting that The Office has not been true to itself the past few weeks, we were totally rewarded with our patience last night! It was back and it was excellent.
- I loved the opener. Classic Jim and Dwight. I don’t believe we have seen such wonderful magic since Season 2. A bouncing exercise ball and a pair of scissors comes to mind.
- Pam following through on something for her. For once. I am glad she is going to NY. Her determination to pursue her goals even at the prospect of a seperation has been a long time coming.
- Jim bucking up and not being such a pansy. I was starting to doubt my admiration for all things Jim. A backbone is a must if you ask me! It was high time he stood up for himself and called Ryan “the twerp not the temp” out. I was personally hoping for an office storming in New York, but hey at least he did it.
- Jim and Pam continuing to being happy. I was nervous going in. I was so afraid some crazy plot would open up leaving us to wonder about the state of their relationship for many, many, more months. Honestly, I am not sure my heart could take that. A big shout-out to the writers for not screwing it up!
- Jim’s discussion with Michael recalling how every important event in the PB&J relationship somehow revolved around those dysfunctional walls really was touching. Lesson: No matter how bad the environment, it is what you make it. Way to throw in a life-lesson BJ!
- I loved that they sent Ryan out in style. I have been wanting to reach through the TV screen and slap him silly for weeks now. I thought the charge was going to be drug possession after the trip to NY, but no, they took it one step further and made his demise come from his own stupidity. It is called Karma and it will get you. My prediction: Jim will take his job and he and Pam will go to NY together. Just a thought.
- The bit about Creed still not being able to justify or explain his job was P-R-I-C-E-less! Or should I say Q-U-A-L-I-T-Y.
- Holly doing Yoda. Found his soul mate, I think Micheal may have. Herh. Herh. Herh.
- Phyllis doing it up right and in yo’ face Angela! Go and watch the deleted scene of Phyllis not handling the pressure so well here!
- Angela Kinsey for looking so fantastic as she is very pregnant. Props to the camera and editing crews for doing such a fabulous job keeping her incognito. Her acceptance of the six year old ring was exactly what I would have expected. Hubby was hoping for a Dwight/Angela love-child. After the images from the last moments of the show, anything is possible! Scary, but possible.
- I can not even begin to tell you how much I do not think the story line with Kevin was funny. It hurt my heart to watch, I am not going to lie. Not joking material guys, no, it is not. But, as Hubby pointed out, there is not a subject that they have not touched that doesn’t bring uncomfortable issues to light. And that is The Office, take it or leave it.
- After all of these years of wondering why Michael hated Toby and many, many, hints at us finding out the real reason behind their feud they just left it there. Like the “present” on Michael’s carpet. It is just there. No answers and it stinks.
- I always want more Stanley. There was not enough Stanley. Or Oscar for that matter. What up with that?
- Jan being pregnant via IV? Please tell me this is going somewhere. I see no hope in this story line. I thought it was going to at least be Michael’s and we could watch him wrestle with fatherhood. Maybe we still will. I haven’t missed Jan. Obviously.
Overall I was so glad to see the crew back and in full swing. It has been a long long time since we saw them in their true colors and it was about time. Positive outcome of the writer’s strike? Webisodes in July!
So all of you Office bobblehead wannabes. Thoughts?
Tags: The Office
I have so much I want to say and so little time to do it in.
First of all, when I left this morning my google reader was at zero, nada, zilch. I come home and it is at 70 something. Such good dedicated bloggers you all are! Hang in there as I catch up on your lives. I love you all!
Second, shout-out to my dad who gave in and commented on a post. He had to go and rat me out about my death jump from the roof of our house to the trampoline when I was 11. Hey, it was fun. I was such a tomboy and all the boys in the neighborhood were doing it and I was not about to be labeled a baby. I held my own. Needless to say Bro and I got busted and major trouble ensued. That was a great lesson in resisting negative peer pressure. But, it was still fun!
Third, to clarify on the last post and the baby delivery. Yes, I recently met a woman who years ago when nine moths pregnant with her first child woke up and thought, “hmm, that is a different feeling.” She decided to try to go back to sleep. Two hours later she thinks, “maybe I should go to the hosptial.” Too late, she has the baby on the side of the interstate. She was quoted in a newspaper article as saying. “I just wasn’t really sure what was happening.” Really, really? Not sure? How is that possible? Like I said, go to the hospital at first twinge. Seriously, ever since I read Ms. Lilac’s story about her friend Tara who had her baby during an IM session I am just astounded at the crazy birthing stories lately! These women are amazing!
Fourth, I love to find new blogs! I recently found, thanks to Heidi at Life in Pink, a great site A Girl’s Guide to Blogging. You can go on and create a profile and participate in blog carnivals and meet new bloggers. Female bloggers only, sorry Ben! What a great way to find new bloggy friends!
Fifth, I am so ready for The Office finale tonight! Can I just say, they better not mess with Jim and Pam’s relationship. If that happens I will have to write a letter!